Dovitinib Shows Activity in Advanced Endometrial Cancer
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
Second-line dovitinib in FGFR2-mutated and FGFR2-non-mutated advanced or metastatic endometrial cancer had single-agent activity, but it did not reach the prespecified study criteria, a recent study published online first in the journal The Lancet Oncology.
For the non-randomized, two-group, two-stage, phase II trial, researchers enrolled 53 patients with FGFR2-mutated or FGFR2-non-mutated advanced or metastatic endometrial cancer whose disease had progressed after first-line chemotherapy. All women received dovitinib 500mg orally daily for 5 days and 2 days off until disease progression, unacceptable toxicity, study discontinuation, or death.
Results showed that the 18-week progression-free survival rates were 31.8% (95% CI: 13.9-54.9) in the FGFR2-mutated and 29.0% (95% CI: 14.2-48.0) FGFR2-non-mutated group.
In regard to safety, the most common serious adverse events associated with dovitinib use were pulmonary embolism, vomiting, dehydration, and diarrhea. One participant died due to treatment-related causes.
The findings suggest that efficacy of dovitinib is independent of FGFR2 mutation status. Additional studies are warranted to study the efficacy of dovitinib.
Second-line dovitinib in FGFR2-mutated and FGFR2-non-mutated advanced or metastatic endometrial cancer had single-agent activity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Plastics and Cancer
- Cabozantinib Shows Promising Activity in Osteosarcoma and Ewing Sarcoma
- Real-World Study Shows High Response Rates to T-VEC in Early Metastatic Melanoma
- Using ctDNA to Predict Cancer Recurrence and Guide Therapy Selection
- Atezolizumab and Nab-Paclitaxel Prolonged PFS in Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Infections in Primary Immune Thrombocytopenia Associated With Low Platelet Count
- Expert Panel Provides Recommendations for Running Trials on Intratumoral Immunotherapy
- Large Acute Myeloid Leukemia Dataset Could Help Identify Targeted Treatments
- Treatment of H. pylori Increased Platelet Count in ITP
- Reclassification of Variants of Uncertain Significance: A Q&A With Theodora Ross MD, PhD