Generic Name and Formulations:
Nicotine 7mg/24hr, 14mg/24hr, 21mg/24hr; transdermal patch.
Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for HABITROL:
Adjunct in smoking cessation therapy.
≥18yrs: Apply to clean, dry, nonhairy site on trunk or upper outer arm; rotate application site. Remove patch after 24 hours; if vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances occur, remove at bedtime and reapply in AM. >10cigarettes/day: initially one 21mg patch daily for 4 weeks; then one 14mg patch daily for 2 weeks, then one 7mg patch daily for 2 weeks, then stop. ≤10cigarettes/day: initially one 14mg patch daily for 6 weeks then one 7mg patch daily for 2 weeks, then stop. Max 1 patch/24hrs. Do not cut patch.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Concurrent smoking or use of other nicotine products.
Discontinue if irregular heartbeat, palpitations, allergic reaction, or symptoms of nicotine overdose occur. Heart disease. Post-MI. Arrhythmias. Hypertension. Depression. Asthma. Allergy to adhesive tape, other skin problems. Stomach ulcers. Diabetes. History of seizures. Low doses may be toxic to children and pets; discard properly. Pregnancy: not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Remove patch prior to MRI procedures. Smoking cessation potentiates theophylline, insulin, β-blockers, pentazocine, oxazepam, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, imipramine), caffeine, acetaminophen, adrenergic antagonists (eg, prazosin, labetalol), others. Smoking cessation antagonizes adrenergic agonists (eg, isoproterenol, phenylephrine), others.
Local irritation, GI upset, headache, dizziness, palpitations, hypertension.
Patch 7mg, 14mg—7, 14; 21mg—7, 14, 28
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma