Generic Name and Formulations:
Hepatitis A vaccine, inactivated 720 ELISA Units (EL.U.) per 0.5mL (pediatric), or 1440 EL.U. per 1mL (adult); susp for IM inj; aluminum adsorbed; contains neomycin (trace); preservative-free.
Indications for HAVRIX:
Hepatitis A immunization.
Inject into deltoid, preferably at least 2 weeks before expected exposure. >18yrs: 1440 EL.U. once IM; give booster dose 6–12 months after initial course.
Inject IM preferably at least 2 weeks before expected exposure. <12months: not recommended. 12months–18yrs: 720 EL.U. once IM; give booster dose 6–12months after initial course.
Neomycin allergy. Previous hypersensitivity reaction to hepatitis A-containing vaccine.
Have epinephrine (1:1000) inj available. Fever. Bleeding disorders. Immunodeficiency (may have suboptimal response). If given with immune globulin, use separate syringe and different site. Latex allergy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressives may reduce efficacy. Concomitant vaccines: see literature.
Inj site reactions, headache, fatigue, fever, malaise, anorexia, GI upset.
Single-dose vials—10; Single-dose prefilled Tip-Lok syringes—5 (without needles)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC