Brentuximab Vedotin Demonstrates Significant Activity in B-Cell Lymphoma
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
According to a new study published in the journal Blood, researchers from various institutions across the United States have found that brentuximab vedotin has significant activity in patients with refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) and a variety of CD30 expression levels.
For the open-label, phase 2 study, researchers sought to investigate the efficacy of brentuximab vedotin in patients with relapsed or refractory CD30-positive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL), and in this planned subset analysis, researchers included 49 patients with DLBCL and 19 patients with other B-cell NHLs.
Results showed an objective response rate of 44% for patients with DLBCL. Specifically, 17% achieved a complete remission with a median duration of 16.6 months as of this analysis.
Although all patients that experienced a response had quantifiable CD30 levels, researchers found no statistical correlation between objective response and CD30 expression level. In addition, patients with other B-cell NHLs also responsed to brentuximab vedotin (8 complete responses, 2 partial responses).
In regard to safety, observed adverse events were similar to known toxicities of the anti-CD30 antibody-drug conjugate. When brentuximab vedotin was used in combination with rituximab, similar activity was observed with a well tolerated safety profile.
Brentuximab vedotin has significant activity in patients with refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma