Generic Name and Formulations:
Tasimelteon 20mg; hard gel caps.
Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for HETLIOZ:
Treatment of non-24-hour sleep-wake disorder (Non-24).
Swallow whole. Take 20mg once daily before bedtime, at the same time every night. Do not take with food.
Risk of somnolence; can potentially impair the performance of activities requiring mental alertness. Severe hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh C): not recommended. Smokers. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. C). Nursing mothers.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP1A2 inhibitors (eg, fluvoxamine), strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole), or others; effects may be increased. Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin) or others; effects may be reduced. Tasimelteon exposure decreased by smoking (induction of CYP1A2 levels). Additive effects with alcohol.
Melatonin receptor agonist.
Headache, increased ALT, nightmares or unusual dreams, upper respiratory tract infection, urinary tract infection; somnolence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy