Cancer Therapy Advisor has updated its treatment regimen chart for the treatment of bone cancer to reflect the most recent changes put forth by Version 2.2016 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) Guidelines for Bone Cancer.
Key updates from Version 1.2016 include:
- For the treatment of Ewing sarcoma, ifosfamide (high dose) with or without etoposide was added with the following new reference: Magnan H, Goodbody CM, Riedel E, et al. Ifosfamide dose-intensification for patients with metastatic Ewing sarcoma. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2015;62(4):594-597.
- For the treatment of osteosarcoma, ifosfamide (high dose) with or without etoposide was added with the following new reference: Goorin AM, Harris MB, Bernstein M, et al. Phase II/III trial of etoposide and high-dose ifosfamide in newly diagnosed metastatic osteosarcoma: a pediatric oncology group study. J Clin Oncol. 2002;20(2):426-433.
- For the treatment of osteosarcoma, radium-223 was added as a valid treatment strategy with the following reference: Subbiah V, Rohren E, Huh WW, Kappadath CS, Anderson PM. Phase 1 dose escalation trial of intravenous radium 223 dichloride alpha-particle therapy in osteosarcoma. J Clin Oncol. 2014;32(5s): Abstract TPS10600.
- For the treatment of osteosacoma, sorafenib plus everolimus was added with the following new reference: Grignani G, Palmerini E, Ferraresi V, et al. Sorafenib and everolimus for patients with unresectable high-grade osteosarcoma progressing after standard treatment: a non-randomised phase 2 clinical trial. Lancet Oncol. 20115;16(1):90-107.
- NCCN Clinical Practice Guidelines in Oncology (NCCN Guidelines) for Bone Cancer V 2.2016. National Comprehensive Cancer Network Website. https://www.nccn.org/professionals/physician_gls/pdf/bone.pdf. Updated: December 1, 2015. Accessed: August 8, 2016.