HUMALOG MIX75/25 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Insulin lispro protamine suspension 75% (rDNA origin), insulin lispro 25% (rDNA origin) 100 Units/mL; SC inj; contains zinc, m-cresol.
Lilly, Eli and Company
Indications for HUMALOG MIX75/25:
≥18yrs: SC inj only. Onset approx ≤15 mins, peak approx 30–90 mins, duration up to 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During episodes of hypoglycemia.
Instruct patients on diet, exercise, blood or urine testing, proper administration of insulin, change in species of origin, type or purity of insulin, and management of hypoglycemia. Do not reuse or share pens, needles, cartridges, or syringes between patients. Dosage increase may be required during infection, illness, stress, trauma, and pregnancy. Dosage decrease may be needed with renal or hepatic dysfunction. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant thiazolidinediones (TZDs) may cause fluid retention and heart failure; consider dose reduction or discontinue TZDs. Potentiated by oral antidiabetic agents, pramlintide, ACE inhibitors, disopyramide, fibrates, fluoxetine, MAOIs, propoxyphene, salicylates, somatostatin analog, sulfonamide antibiotics. Antagonized by corticosteroids, isoniazid, niacin, danazol, diuretics, thiazides, phenothiazines, sympathomimetics, somatropin, thyroid hormones, estrogens, progestogens, atypical antipsychotics. Variable effects with β-blockers, clonidine, lithium salts, alcohol, pentamidine. When mixing insulin lispro with other insulins, draw insulin lispro into syringe first and inject mixture immediately.
Hypoglycemia, hypokalemia, local or systemic allergy, lipodystrophy, edema.
Humalog Mix75/25, Humalog vials (10mL)—1; Humalog Mix, Humalog U-100 Kwikpen (prefilled) (3mL), Humalog U-100 Junior Kwikpen (prefilled) (3mL), Humalog U-200 Kwikpen (prefilled) (3mL)—5; Humalog cartridges (3mL)—5; HumaPen LUXURA HD (inj device, uses Humalog cartridges)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Progressive Telomere Shortening: An Epigenetic Biomarker of Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Two Independent Variables Found to Be Prognostic in Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities