Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 7.5mg, acetaminophen 325mg; per 15mL soln; contains alcohol (7%); tropical fruit punch flavor.
Pharmaceutical Associates, Inc.
Indications for HYCET:
Moderate to moderately severe pain.
Administer with calibrated measuring device. ≥14yrs (≥46kg): 15mL every 4–6 hours as needed; max 90mL/day.
<2yrs: not recommended. Administer with calibrated measuring device. Dosing should be based on weight (0.27mL/kg). 2–3yrs (12–15kg): 3.75mL. 4–6yrs (16–22kg): 5mL. 7–9yrs (23–31kg): 7.5mL. 10–13yrs (32–45kg): 10mL. All: give every 4–6 hours as needed; max: 6 doses/day.
Head injury. Increased intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Impaired renal, hepatic, thyroid, pulmonary, or adrenocortical function. Severe renal or hepatic disease: monitor liver and renal function tests periodically. GI or GU obstruction. Post-op use. Drug abusers. Elderly. Debilitated. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C) (neonatal withdrawal syndrome). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Opioid + analgesic.
Potentiation with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, antihistamines, antipsychotics, antianxiety drugs). May potentiate or be potentiated by MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants.
CNS/respiratory/circulatory depression, hypotension, dizziness, GI upset, constipation, urinary retention, rash; hepatotoxicity (overdosage).
Soln—473mL (1 pint)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- Feasibility of Clinical Production of Autologous NKG2D CAR-T
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline