Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 2.5mg, pseudoephedrine HCl 30mg, guaifenesin 200mg; per 5mL; oral soln; black raspberry flavor.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for HYCOFENIX:
Cough, nasal congestion, and to loosen mucus associated with the common cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥18yrs: 10mL every 4–6hrs. Max 4 doses (40mL) in 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Narrow angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension. Severe coronary artery disease.
Risks from concomitant use with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Discontinue if respiratory depression occurs. Drug dependence. Abuse potential (monitor). Avoid in head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Cardiovascular disorders. Persistent or chronic cough (eg, smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema) or if excessive phlegm: not recommended. Diabetes. Thyroid disorders. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Antitussive + sympathomimetic + expectorant.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May affect or be affected by TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics.
Dizziness, headache, sedation, nausea, decreased blood pressure; respiratory depression, cardiovascular effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC