Hyoscyamine Sulfate Drops Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hyoscyamine sulfate 0.125mg/mL; alcohol 5%; orange flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Hyoscyamine Sulfate Drops:
Adjunct in peptic ulcer. Irritable bowel syndrome. Infant colic.
1–2mL every 4 hrs or as needed; max 12mL/day.
3.4kg: 4 drops. 5kg: 5 drops. 7kg: 6 drops. 10kg: 8 drops. Older children (2 yrs–12 yrs): 0.25–1mL; max 6mL/day. All: every 4 hrs or as needed.
Glaucoma. Unstable cardiovascular status in acute hemorrhage. GI or urinary tract obstruction. Paralytic ileus, intestinal atony of elderly or debilitated patients. Toxic megacolon. Severe ulcerative colitis. Myasthenia gravis.
High environmental temperature. Diarrhea. Autonomic neuropathy. Impaired cardiac or renal function. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Hyperthyroidism. Hiatal hernia with reflux esophagitis. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antacids may inhibit absorption. Additive anticholinergic effects with other anticholinergics, amantadine, type I antiarrhythmics, antihistamines, phenothiazines, tricyclics, MAOIs.
Anticholinergic effects, drowsiness.
Formerly known under the brand name Levsin Drops.
Tabs, SL—100, 500; Drops—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC