HYPERRAB S/D Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rabies immune globulin (human) 150 IU/mL; soln for IM inj; preservative-free; latex-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for HYPERRAB S/D:
Postexposure prophylaxis of rabies.
See literature. Give by IM inj preferably at the time of 1st vaccine dose; may be given through 7th day after 1st vaccine dose is given. 20 IU/kg (0.133mL/kg) once. If feasible, up to full dose should be infiltrated in area around wound and the rest into deltoid muscle of upper arm or lateral thigh muscle.
Previously immunized with rabies vaccine with a confirmed adequate rabies antibody titer: not recommended. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. IgA-deficiency. Thrombocytopenia or other bleeding disorders. Prior history of allergic reactions to human immunoglobulins. Have epinephrine inj available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Avoid live vaccines within 3 months.
Inj site reactions, mild temp elevations; rare: angioneurotic edema, rash, nephrotic syndrome, anaphylactic shock.
Single-use vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma