HYPERRAB S/D Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Rabies immune globulin (human) 150 IU/mL; soln for IM inj; preservative-free; latex-free.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for HYPERRAB S/D:
Postexposure prophylaxis of rabies (along with rabies vaccines).
See full labeling. Give by IM inj preferably at the time of 1st vaccine dose; may be given through 7th day after 1st vaccine dose is given. Not previously vaccinated: 20 IU/kg (0.133mL/kg) once. If feasible, up to full dose should be infiltrated in area around wound and the rest (if any) into deltoid muscle of upper arm or lateral thigh muscle.
Previously immunized with rabies vaccine with a confirmed adequate rabies antibody titer: not recommended. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. IgA-deficiency. Thrombocytopenia or other bleeding disorders. Prior history of allergic reactions to human immunoglobulins. Have epinephrine inj available. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Do not administer repeated doses after administration of rabies vaccine; may suppress immune response to the vaccine. Avoid live vaccines within 3 months (eg, measles, mumps, polio, rubella).
Inj site reactions, mild temp elevations; rare: angioneurotic edema, rash, nephrotic syndrome, anaphylactic shock.
Single-dose vial (2mL, 10mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib
- Durvalumab Shows Overall Survival Benefit in Patients With Stage III NSCLC
- Baseline Thrombopoietin Levels May Help Predict Response to ITP Treatment
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC