IDAMYCIN PFS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarubicin 1mg/mL; soln for IV infusion; preservative-free.
Indications for IDAMYCIN PFS:
Acute myeloid leukemia.
Give by slow IV infusion (over 10–15 mins). 12mg/m2 daily for 3 days (in combination with cytarabine). May give 2nd course if needed; if toxicity develops after 1st course, delay until resolved; reduce dose by 25%. Hepatic and renal impairment: consider reduce dose.
Pre-existing bone marrow suppression. Cardiovascular disease. Thoracic irradiation. Previous anthracycline therapy at high cumulative doses. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor CBCs, cardiac, renal and hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant drugs that suppress cardiac contractility or cardiotoxic drugs (eg, trastuzumab, cyclophosphamide, paclitaxel): not recommended; avoid use for 5 half-lives after discontinuing cardiotoxic drug.
Myelosuppression, GI upset, mucositis, abdominal pain, alopecia, rash, inj site reactions, hepatotoxicity, renal toxicity, cardiotoxicity (eg, CHF, arrhythmias, chest pain, MI, asymptomatic declines in LVEF), hyperuricemia.
Single-dose vials—1; PFS: Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML