Generic Name and Formulations:
Idarubicin HCl 20mg/vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for IDAMYCIN:
Acute myeloid leukemia.
Give by slow IV infusion (over 10–15 mins). 12mg/m2 daily for 3 days (in combination with cytarabine). May give 2nd course if needed; if toxicity develops after 1st course, delay until resolved; reduce dose by 25%. Hepatic and renal impairment: consider reduce dose.
Pre-existing bone marrow suppression. Cardiovascular disease. Thoracic irradiation. Previous anthracycline therapy at high cumulative doses. Renal or hepatic impairment. Monitor CBCs, cardiac, renal and hepatic function prior to and during treatment. Avoid extravasation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant drugs that suppress cardiac contractility or cardiotoxic drugs (eg, trastuzumab, cyclophosphamide, paclitaxel): not recommended; avoid use for 5 half-lives after discontinuing cardiotoxic drug.
Myelosuppression, GI upset, mucositis, abdominal pain, alopecia, rash, inj site reactions, hepatotoxicity, renal toxicity, cardiotoxicity (eg, CHF, arrhythmias, chest pain, MI, asymptomatic declines in LVEF), hyperuricemia.
Single-dose vials—1; PFS: Single-dose vials (5mL, 10mL, 20mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma