Generic Name and Formulations:
Ifosfamide 1g, 3g; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for IFEX:
Third-line adjunctive treatment of germ cell testicular cancer.
Give by slow IV infusion over at least 30 mins. 1.2g/m2 per day for 5 consecutive days; repeat every 3 weeks or after hematological recovery (platelets ≥100000/µL, WBC ≥4000/µL).
Urinary outflow obstruction.
Risk of myelosuppression, immunosuppression, and infections. Do hematologic profile before each dose; discontinue if WBCs <2000/µL or platelets <50000/µL. Risk of CNS toxicity and other neurotoxic effects. Discontinue if encephalopathy develops. Do urinalysis before each dose, postpone dose if hematuria occurs. Give mesna and at least 2L fluids daily. Active urinary tract infections. Impaired hepatic, renal, or hematopoetic function. Preexisting cardiac disease. May interfere with wound healing. Prior radiation therapy or other cytotoxic agents. Ensure adequate hydration. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of myelosuppression with other chemotherapy agents. Caution with drugs acting on the CNS (eg, antiemetics, sedatives, narcotics, antihistamines).
Alopecia, nausea, vomiting, leukopenia, anemia, CNS toxicity, hematuria, infection, renal or liver dysfunction, phlebitis, fever, urotoxicity (eg, hemorrhagic cystitis), thrombocytopenia, pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy