Generic Name and Formulations:
Ifosfamide 1g, 3g; per vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Indications for IFEX:
Third-line adjunctive treatment of germ cell testicular cancer.
Give by slow IV infusion over at least 30 mins. 1.2g/m2 per day for 5 consecutive days; repeat every 3 weeks or after hematological recovery (platelets ≥100000/µL, WBC ≥4000/µL).
Urinary outflow obstruction.
Myelosuppression. Neurotoxicity. Urotoxicity.
Risk of myelosuppression, immunosuppression, and infections. Do hematologic profile before each dose; discontinue if WBCs <2000/µL or platelets <50000/µL. Risk of CNS toxicity and other neurotoxic effects. Discontinue if encephalopathy develops. Do urinalysis before each dose, postpone dose if hematuria occurs. Give mesna and at least 2L fluids daily. Active urinary tract infections. Impaired hepatic, renal, or hematopoetic function. Preexisting cardiac disease. May interfere with wound healing. Prior radiation therapy or other cytotoxic agents. Ensure adequate hydration. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased risk of myelosuppression with other chemotherapy agents. Caution with drugs acting on the CNS (eg, antiemetics, sedatives, narcotics, antihistamines).
Alopecia, nausea, vomiting, leukopenia, anemia, CNS toxicity, hematuria, infection, renal or liver dysfunction, phlebitis, fever, urotoxicity (eg, hemorrhagic cystitis), thrombocytopenia, pulmonary toxicity, secondary malignancies.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Simplified Dose Schedule of Cetuximab as a Maintenance Therapy in Head and Neck Cancer May Reduce Drug Toxicities
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline