Generic Name and Formulations:
Valbenazine 40mg, 80mg; caps.
Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for INGREZZA:
Take with or without food. Initially 40mg once daily; increase to 80mg once daily after 1 week. For some patients, continuation of 40mg once daily may be considered. Moderate or severe hepatic impairment: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inducers: not recommended. Concomitant with strong CYP3A4 inhibitors: 40mg once daily. Concomitant with strong CYP2D6 inhibitors, CYP2D6 poor metabolizers: consider reducing dose.
Somnolence. Avoid in congenital long QT syndrome or arrhythmias associated with a prolonged QT interval. CYP2D6 poor metabolizers. Severe renal impairment (CrCl <30mL/min): not recommended. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 5 days after final dose).
Vesicular monoamine transporter 2 (VMAT2) inhibitor.
See Adults. Avoid concomitant with MAOIs (eg, isocarboxazid, phenelzine, selegiline). Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, itraconazole, ketoconazole, clarithromycin). May be potentiated by strong CYP2D6 inhibitors (eg, paroxetine, fluoxetine, quinidine). Antagonized by strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, phenytoin, St. John's wort). Monitor digoxin levels; dose adjustment may be needed.
Somnolence, anticholinergic effects, balance disorders/fall, headache, akathisia, vomiting, nausea, arthralgia.
Caps 40mg—30, 90; 80mg—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Ketogenic Diet as an Adjunct to Cancer Treatment
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Blinatumomab-Ponatinib Salvage Therapy in B-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia: Case Report of Benefit
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Adding Chemotherapy to Radiation Post-Radical Cystectomy Improves Survival in Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radiation, Chemotherapy Not Beneficial in Localized Upper Tract Urothelial Carcinoma
- Radical Cystectomy Superior to Trimodal Therapy for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer