INNOPRAN XL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Propranolol HCl 80mg, 120mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for INNOPRAN XL:
≥18yrs: Take once daily at bedtime (10PM). Take consistently with regard to food. Initially 80mg/day, may increase to 120mg/day.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Cardiogenic shock. Sinus bradycardia, sick sinus syndrome and >1st -degree AV block unless paced. Asthma.
Cardiac ischemia after abrupt discontinuation.
Risk of cardiac ischemia after abrupt discontinuation. Bronchospastic disease. Heart failure. Cardiogenic shock. Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome. Diabetes. May mask signs of hypoglycemia, hyperthyroidism. Surgery. SLE. Musculoskeletal disease. Renal or hepatic impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiated by substrates or inhibitors of CYP2D6 (eg, amiodarone, cimetidine, fluoxetine, paroxetine, quinidine, ritonavir), CYP1A2 (eg, imipramine, ciprofloxacin, theophylline, zolmitriptan), or CYP2C19 (eg, fluconazole), CNS depressants, other antihypertensives, antithyroid drugs, haloperidol, MAOIs, tricyclic antidepressants, alcohol. Antagonized by NSAIDs, aluminum hydroxide; bile acid resins (eg, cholestyramine, colestipol); smoking, chronic alcohol use, and other inducers of CYP2D6, 1A2, or 2C19. Potentiates amiodarone, chlorpromazine, diazepam, lidocaine, bupivacaine, mepivacaine, propafenone, theophylline, thioridazine, warfarin, rizatriptan, zolmitriptan. May increase cardiac effects of calcium channel blockers, digitalis, disopyramide, lidocaine. Bradycardia with catecholamine-depleting drugs. Increased orthostatic hypotension with α-blockers. Caution when withdrawing clonidine. Increased bronchial hyperreactivity with ACEIs. May interfere with glaucoma or thyroid tests. May block epinephrine.
Fatigue, dizziness, constipation, bradycardia, heart failure/block, GI upset, bronchospasm, agranulocytosis, myopathy, myotonia, skin reactions (eg, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, urticaria); rare: SLE, alopecia, impotence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib