Ipratropium bromide + Albuterol sulfate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ipratropium bromide 0.5 mg/3 mL (0.017%), albuterol (as sulfate) 2.5 mg/3 mL (0.083%); soln for inh.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ipratropium bromide + Albuterol sulfate:
COPD when a second aerosol bronchodilator is needed.
≥18yrs: 1 vial by nebulizer 4–6 times daily.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for primary treatment of acute attack. Avoid excessive use. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm or cardiovascular effects occur. Cardiovascular disease (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension). Hyperthyroidism. Diabetes. Seizure disorders. Narrow angle glaucoma. GI or GU obstruction. Hepatic or renal disease. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid MAOIs, tricyclics within 14 days (increased cardiovascular effects). Caution with other anticholinergics, sympathomimetics, drugs that lower potassium. Monitor digoxin. Antagonized by β-blockers.
Anticholinergic + beta-2 agonist.
Lung disorders, pharyngitis, chest pain, GI disturbances, bronchitis, UTI, leg cramps, pain, voice changes, anticholinergic effects, nervousness, headache, dizziness, insomnia, tachycardia, hypokalemia, paradoxical bronchospasm.
Formerly known under the brand name DuoNeb.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy