ISOVUE-M 300 Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Iopamidol 612mg/mL; soln for intrathecal administration; contains sodium 0.043mg, organically bound iodine 300mg per mL.
- Pediatric CML: Imatinib Effective in the Front Line
- Imatinib Increases Complete Response Rate, Decreases HSCT Allocation in Pediatric ALL
- Imatinib Effective as Front-line Therapy for Pediatric Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Rectal Cancer Treatment Regimens
- Colon Cancer Treatment Regimens
- Dosing and Titration of Commonly Used Antipsychotics
Indications for ISOVUE-M 300:
For intrathecal administration in adult neuroradiology inculding myelography (lumbar, thoracic, cervical, total columnar), and for contrast enhancement of computed tomographic (CECT) cisternography and ventriculography.
Adults and Children:
See literature regarding dosing based on procedure.
Concomitant corticosteroids. Repeat myelography in the event of technical failure. Significant local or systemic infections where bacteremia is likely.
Should be administered by professional trained in use of radiopaque agents in appropriate facilities with emergency treatment readily available. Increased intracranial pressure. Intracranial tumor. Abscess. Hematoma. History of convulsive disorder. Severe cardiovascular disease. Chronic alcoholism. Multiple sclerosis. Homozygous sickle cell disease. Multiple myeloma. Pheochromocytoma. Thyroid disorder. Diabetes. Patients with evidence of inadvertant intracranial entry of large or concentrated bolus of contrast medium: increased risk of seizures; consider prophylactic diazepam or barbiturate therapy. Direct intracisternal or ventricular administration for standard radiography: not recommended. Maintain elevation of head during procedure, on the stretcher, or in bed. Avoid excessive and active patient movement or straining. Maintain adequate hydration. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant drugs that lower seizure threshold (eg, phenothiazines, MAOIs, tricyclics, CNS stimulants, analeptics, major tranquilizers, antipsychotics): not recommended; discontinue 48hrs and for at least 24hrs post-procedure. May reduce iodine-binding capacity of thyroid tissue for up to 2 weeks.
Headache, GI upset, back pain, leg pain, neck pain, hypotension, others.
ISOVUE-M 200: Single dose vials (10mL, 20mL)—10; ISOVUE-M 300: Single dose vials (15mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML