Generic Name and Formulations:
Sitagliptin (as phosphate) 25mg, 50mg, 100mg; tabs.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for JANUVIA:
Adjunct to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes, as monotherapy or combination therapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treatment of type 1 diabetes or diabetic ketoacidosis. Not studied in patients with history of pancreatitis.
100mg once daily. Renal impairment: eGFR ≥30–<45mL/min/1.73m2: 50mg once daily; eGFR <30mL/min/1.73m2 or ESRD on dialysis: 25mg once daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Assess renal function before starting therapy and periodically thereafter. Consider risks/benefits in patients with known risk factors for heart failure; monitor for signs/symptoms; evaluate and consider discontinuing if develops. Monitor for signs/symptoms of pancreatitis, serious hypersensitivity reactions, severe joint pain, or bullous pemphigoid; discontinue if suspected or occurs. History of angioedema to other DPP-4 inhibitors. Severe hepatic impairment. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May need lower dose of concomitant sulfonylurea or insulin to reduce risk of hypoglycemia. Monitor digoxin.
Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP-4) inhibitor.
Upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis, headache; pancreatitis, heart failure, hypersensitivity reactions (eg, anaphylaxis, angioedema, Stevens-Johnson syndrome), severe and disabling arthralgia, bullous pemphigoid.
Tabs 25mg, 50mg—30, 90, 100; 100mg—30, 90, 100, 1000
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML