K-PHOS ORIGINAL Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Potassium acid phosphate 500mg; equiv. to potassium 3.67mEq; scored tabs.
Indications for K-PHOS ORIGINAL:
2 tabs dissolved in 6–8oz water 4 times a day with meals and at bedtime.
Renal or adrenal insufficiency. Severe hepatic disease. Infected phosphate stones. Hyperphosphatemia. Hyperkalemia (Original).
Electrolyte restrictions. Cardiac disease. Hypertension. Edema. Monitor serum electrolytes and for GI obstruction. Discontinue if laxation persists after dosage reduction. Hypoparathyroidism. Osteomalacia. Pancreatitis. Dehydration. Toxemia of pregnancy. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Antagonized by antacids. Hyperkalemia with ACE inhibitors, triamterene, spironolactone, amiloride, potassium supplements. Toxicity with digitalis. Hypernatremia with methyldopa, guanethidine, other antihypertensives, corticotropins, mineralocorticoids.
Small bowel lesions, laxation, headache, dizziness, hyperacidity, nausea, weakness, confusion, paresthesias, seizures, arrhythmias, shortness of breath, edema.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML