Generic Name and Formulations:
Sebelipase alfa 20mg/10mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; preservative-free.
Alexion Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for KANUMA:
Treatment of lysosomal acid lipase (LAL) deficiency.
Adults and Children:
<1 month: not established. Give as IV infusion over ≥2hrs; consider further prolonging infusion time for the 3mg/kg dose or if a hypersensitivity reaction occurs. May consider a 1hr infusion for the 1mg/kg dose in those who tolerate the infusion. ≥1 month: 1mg/kg once every other week. If rapidly progressive within first 6 months of life: initially 1mg/kg once weekly; increase to 3mg/kg once weekly if optimal response not achieved. May pre-treat with antipyretics and/or antihistamines.
Monitor for hypersensitivity reactions during and after infusion; interrupt or lower infusion rate based on severity. Discontinue immediately and treat if severe hypersensitivity including anaphylaxis occurs. Eggs or egg products allergy. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Hydrolytic lysosomal cholesteryl ester and triacylglycerol-specific enzyme.
Diarrhea, vomiting, fever, rhinitis, anemia, cough, nasopharyngitis, urticaria, headache, oropharyngeal pain, asthenia, constipation, nausea.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC