Generic Name and Formulations:
Clonidine HCl 0.1mg, 0.2mg; extended-release tablets.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for KAPVAY:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
<6yrs: not recommended. Swallow whole. Titrate by response. Initially 0.1mg at bedtime for 1 week, then 0.1mg twice daily for 1 week, then 0.1mg in the morning and 0.2mg at bedtime for 1 week, then 0.2mg twice daily. Withdraw gradually; reduce by 0.1mg/day at 3–7 day intervals. Renal dysfunction: may need reduced dose.
Hypotension, bradycardia, heart block, vascular disease, cardio- or cerebrovascular disease, chronic renal failure, conduction disturbances: uptitrate slowly and monitor. History of, or conditions that predispose to syncope. Monitor pulse, BP. Maintain adequate hydration. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Category C). Nursing mothers.
Potentiates alcohol, other CNS depressants, antihypertensives. Hypotensive effect may be antagonized by tricyclic antidepressants. Additive AV block, bradycardia with drugs that affect cardiac conduction (eg, digitalis, calcium channel blockers, β-blockers). Avoid other forms of clonidine. May need to adjust dose of concurrent stimulant medication.
Central alpha-2 agonist.
Somnolence, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection, irritability, sore throat, insomnia, nightmares, emotional disorder, constipation, nasal congestion, fever, dry mouth, ear pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy