Generic Name and Formulations:
Clonidine HCl 0.1mg, 0.2mg; extended-release tablets.
Concordia Pharmaceuticals Inc.
Indications for KAPVAY:
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
<6yrs: not recommended. Swallow whole. Titrate by response. Initially 0.1mg at bedtime for 1 week, then 0.1mg twice daily for 1 week, then 0.1mg in the morning and 0.2mg at bedtime for 1 week, then 0.2mg twice daily. Withdraw gradually; reduce by 0.1mg/day at 3–7 day intervals. Renal dysfunction: may need reduced dose.
Hypotension, bradycardia, heart block, vascular disease, cardio- or cerebrovascular disease, chronic renal failure, conduction disturbances: uptitrate slowly and monitor. History of, or conditions that predispose to syncope. Monitor pulse, BP. Maintain adequate hydration. Reevaluate periodically. Pregnancy (Category C). Nursing mothers.
Central alpha-2 agonist.
Potentiates alcohol, other CNS depressants, antihypertensives. Hypotensive effect may be antagonized by tricyclic antidepressants. Additive AV block, bradycardia with drugs that affect cardiac conduction (eg, digitalis, calcium channel blockers, β-blockers). Avoid other forms of clonidine. May need to adjust dose of concurrent stimulant medication.
Somnolence, fatigue, upper respiratory tract infection, irritability, sore throat, insomnia, nightmares, emotional disorder, constipation, nasal congestion, fever, dry mouth, ear pain.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML