KARBINAL ER Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Carbinoxamine maleate extended-release 4mg/5mL; oral susp; strawberry-banana flavor; contain sulfites.
Indications for KARBINAL ER:
Allergic (seasonal and perennial) and vasomotor rhinitis, conjunctivitis, urticaria, angioedema, reactions to blood or plasma. Adjunct in anaphylaxis. Dermatographism.
Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 7.5–20mL (6–16mg) every 12hrs.
<2yrs: contraindicated. Use accurate measuring device. Individualize. 2–3yrs: 3.75–5mL (3–4mg) every 12hrs; 4–5yrs: 3.75–10mL (3–8mg) every 12hrs; 6–11yrs: 7.5–15mL (6–12mg) every 12hrs.
Children <2yrs old. Concomitant MAOIs. Nursing mothers.
Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Cardiovascular disease. Hypertension. Stenosing peptic ulcer. GI or GU obstruction. Asthma. Sulfite allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
See Contraindications. MAOIs potentiate anticholinergic effects. Additive CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotics, sedatives, tranquilizers); avoid.
Sedation, sleepiness, dizziness, disturbed coordination, epigastric distress, thickening of bronchial secretions; hypersensitivity reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Opioid Prescription Protocol Decreases Opioid Use After Gynecologic Surgery
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole May Be Active in Recurrent Endometrial Carcinoma
- Affordable Care Act Increased Percentage of Insured Patients With Gynecologic Cancers
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML