Ketoprofen ext-rel Caps Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketoprofen 200mg; ext rel; pH-dependent coated pellets in caps.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Ketoprofen ext-rel Caps:
Osteoarthritis. Rheumatoid arthritis.
Aspirin allergy. Late pregnancy. Coronary artery bypass graft surgery.
Advanced renal disease: not recommended. Acute pain. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Edema. Hypertension. Cardiac failure. History of upper GI disease. Bleeding disorders. Hypoalbuminemia. Monitor blood, hepatic, renal, and ocular function in chronic use. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid salicylates, probenecid. Renal toxicity potentiated with diuretics. Monitor oral anticoagulants. May increase toxicity of methotrexate. May increase serum lithium levels.
NSAID (propionic acid deriv.).
GI bleeding, peptic ulcer, peripheral edema, dyspepsia, headache, dizziness, drowsiness, nausea, abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, flatulence, rash (discontinue if occurs), tinnitus, visual disturbances, GI or CNS disturbances, nephrotoxicity, jaundice. See literature re: risk of cardiovascular events.
Formerly known under the brand name Oruvail.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma