Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor VIII (human) 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU; per bottle; dried concentrate for IV infusion after reconstitution; contains albumin.
Grifols Biologicals, Inc.
Indications for KOATE-DVI:
Prevention and control of hemorrhagic episodes or in order to perform emergency or elective surgery in Hemophilia A patients.
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Infuse over 5–10 minutes if tolerated. Use filter needle. Hemorrhage: Mild: 10 IU/kg as single dose. Moderate: 15–25 IU/kg, then 10–15 IU/kg every 8–12hrs if needed. Severe: initially 40–50 IU/kg, then 20–25 IU/kg every 8–12hrs. Major surgery: pre-op dose: 50 IU/kg, then verify Factor VIII level achieved prior to surgery; may repeat every 6–12hrs initially and for 10–14 days until healing complete.
Not for von Willebrand's disease. Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Large or frequent doses: monitor hematocrit for signs of progressive anemia. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Pregnancy (Cat.C).
Allergic reactions, tingling sensations, blurred vision, headache, GI upset, jittery feeling, antibody formation.
Single-dose bottle—1 (w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma