L-Cysteine HCl Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-Cysteine HCl 50mg/mL; soln for IV infusion after dilution; contains aluminum, sulfur; preservative-free.
Indications for L-Cysteine HCl Injection:
An additive to crystalline amino acid injections to meet essential nutritional requirements for infants given TPNs.
See literature. Rotate inj site. Give by central venous infusion. Add 0.5g L-Cysteine with 12.5g crystalline amino acid injection; dilute as indicated.
Hepatic coma. Metabolic disorders (eg, impaired nitrogen utilization).
Hepatic, renal, pulmonary, or cardiac insufficiency. Hyperkalemia. Metabolic or respiratory alkalosis. Monitor hepatic and renal function; discontinue if BUN levels exceed normal postprandial limits and continue to rise. Monitor blood (eg, CBC, ammonia, glucose, electrolytes, cholesterol, acid-base balance, serum proteins, osmolarity), urine osmolarity and glucose during therapy. Premature neonates. Pregnancy.
Concomitant tetracycline reduces nitrogen sparing effects.
Local reactions (eg, warm sensation, erythema, phlebitis, thrombosis), flushing, fever, nausea.
Single-dose vials (10mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Patient-Reported Outcomes in Oncology Expected to Make Regulatory Waves
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- FDA Provides Update on Breast Implant-Associated Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma
- Q&A With Mark B. Gerstein, PhD, on Diagnostic Genomic vs Exomic Sequencing
- Immune Signature for Renal Cell Papillary Carcinoma Predicts Outcome
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- First-Line Pembrolizumab Shows Promise in Non-Clear Cell RCC
- Early Tumor Shrinkage With Cabozantinib Improves Survival in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Combo Superior to Sunitinib in Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Nivolumab-Ipilimumab Survival Benefit in Advanced RCC Confirmed