Labetalol HCl Injection Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Labetalol HCl 5mg/mL; soln for IV inj and infusion after dilution; contains parabens.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Labetalol HCl Injection:
Individualize. Maintain supine position; monitor BP. Repeated IV inj: 20mg over 2 minutes, may give additional 40mg or 80mg at 10 minute intervals up to max total dose of 300mg or until desired supine BP. Slow continuous infusion: 2mg/min (see literature).
Bronchial asthma. Overt cardiac failure. 2nd- or 3rd- degree AV block. Cardiogenic shock. Severe bradycardia. Other conditions associated with severe and prolonged hypotension. History of obstructive airway disease (eg, asthma).
Ischemic heart disease or failure. Monitor hepatic function: discontinue at first sign of liver injury. If signs of cardiac failure, treat with digitalis or diuretic, discontinue if failure continues. COPD. Pheochromocytoma. Diabetes. Surgery. Avoid abrupt cessation. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Caution with verapamil. Potentiates hypotension with nitroglycerin. May blunt effects of epinephrine, β-agonist bronchodilators. Avoid alkaline drugs (eg, furosemide) administration in same infusion line. Adjust antidiabetic medication. Potentiated by cimetidine and halothane. Tremor with tricyclic antidepressants. May cause false positive urine test for amphetamine.
Noncardioselective beta-blocker/alpha-1 blocker.
Symptomatic postural hypotension, GI upset, dizziness, increased BUN and serum creatinine, paresthesias, sweating, somnolence, flushing, ventricular arrhythmia, vertigo, pruritus.
Formerly known under the brand names Normodyne, Trandate.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma