Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Tests for hepatitis (serologic or DNA-based) may be important if hepatitis is suspected as a cause for the bilirubinuria.
Alkaline phosphatase or 5´-nucleotidase is useful as a marker of biliary obstruction, especially when the value for either parameter is significantly more abnormal than the ALT or AST.
Serum albumin level and PT may be useful to assess protein synthesis by the liver in the pt with cirrhosis.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- CD19 CAR T-Cell Therapies: "Expect an Evolution"
- Olaratumab May Be Safe and Effective in Patients With Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- Selinexor Trials Move Nuclear Suppressor Protein-Export Inhibition Closer to the Clinic for Multiple Myeloma
- Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Immunosurveillance in Multiple Myeloma Identified
- Continuous Therapy May Be Beneficial in Patients With Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma
- Treatment-Related Hyperprogression: Concerns Continue to Mount
- The Changing Treatment Landscape for Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Gender-Based Differences in Chemotherapy: Efficacy and Safety
- Liquid Biopsy as a Surveillance Tool for Breast Cancer Follow-Up
- Men With Prostate Cancer Willing to Accept Worse Survival Odds to Improve QoL