BUN and/or Creatinine Increased: Intrarenal Cause
Congenital kidney anomalies
Diseases of the kidney associated with a cystic mass
Diseases of the kidney associated with a solid mass
Diseases without a mass primarily manifested as glomerular defects
Diseases without a mass in which there is primarily tubular or interstitial (tubulointerstitial) disease
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
For diseases associated with no mass that are glomerular or tubular, urinalysis is informative.
Glomerular disease is suggested by a high amount of urinary protein (including albumin) and red blood cell (RBC) casts with or without loose RBCs.
Tubular disease is suggested by a moderate degree of urinary protein that is primarily not albumin or other relatively high-molecular-weight proteins.
Granular or white blood cell (WBC) casts or loose WBCs in the urine are often associated with infection.
Because tubular dysfunction can be caused by infections and exposure to drugs, tests for infectious diseases and drug levels can be important.
Renal stones of different composition and multiple myeloma may produce tubular disease.
Tests for renal stones and multiple myeloma involve urinalysis and blood testing.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Moving Targets: Off-Label Prescribing of Targeted Therapies
- New Algorithm Improves Outcome Prediction for Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma
- 2-Year TKI Consolidation Allowed for TKI Cessation in Select Patients With CML
- Trial Identifies Marker for Response to Immunotherapy in Esophageal Cancer
- Immunotherapy Combo in Head and Neck Cancer Shows Activity in Phase 2 Trial
- Nutraceuticals/Supplements and Cancer Prevention: All Hype?
- Plastics and Cancer
- Encorafenib Plus Binimetinib Offers a New Option for MEK+BRAF Inhibition
- Reclassification of Variants of Uncertain Significance: A Q&A With Theodora Ross MD, PhD
- Using ctDNA to Predict Cancer Recurrence and Guide Therapy Selection
- Study Finds Real-World Data on Cardiac Toxicity of Trabectedin May Be Limited
- POT1 Revealed as a Sarcoma Predisposition Gene
- IMRT Linked to Fewer Instances of Local Recurrence in Sarcoma: A Long-Term Follow-Up
- Study Adds More Evidence to Support Active Surveillance as the Standard of Care for Certain Desmoid Tumors
- Palliative Care and Survivorship