Decreased Serum Aldosterone
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Serum potassium usually elevated
Low serum sodium
Normal or elevated plasma renin
In most cases, elevated serum potassium and low or low-normal serum sodium
Low renin production with certain causes of secondary hypoaldosteronism but normal or elevated with other causes
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Daratumumab Combination: New Standard of Care in Transplant-Ineligible Multiple Myeloma
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Extension of Adjuvant Anastrozole Regimen to 10 Years Yields Higher DFS, but Not OS
- Changes in Renal Cell Carcinoma Pathologic Staging and Histologic Grading
- Study Identifies Patients With Breast Cancer Who Don't Benefit From Adjuvant Chemo
- Lower-Dose, Shorter-Duration Chemotherapy Regimens: Is This a Trend?
- CD19 CAR T-Cell Therapies: "Expect an Evolution"
- Hypofractionated WBI Found Noninferior to Conventionally Fractionated WBI
- Selinexor Trials Move Nuclear Suppressor Protein-Export Inhibition Closer to the Clinic for Multiple Myeloma
- Younger Breast Cancer Patients at Higher Risk for Osteoporosis