Increased Urinary Metanephrines
Other unusual cause for elevated urinary metanephrines
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Most reliable indicator of pheochromocytoma: urinary metanephrine testing
More than 95% of patients with the disorder have an elevated level of urinary metanephrines.
Levels are elevated in pheochromocytoma.
If hypertension is paroxysmal rather than sustained, collect blood for catecholamine measurement during a hypertensive episode.
Levels are elevated in most patients with pheochromocytoma.
Urinary VMA is a less sensitive indicator than urinary metanephrines for diagnosis of pheochromocytoma
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Glioblastoma: Temozolomide, Bevacizumab May Improve Outcomes Among Elderly Patients
- Phase 2 Study of Chemoradiotherapy Alone or With Surgery for Esophageal and Gastric Cancer
- Phase 2 Study of Surgical Resection and HIPEC for Gastric Cancer
- Should the General Population Be Screened for MGUS?
- Phase 3 Study of FOLFIRI Alone or With Napabucasin for Metastatic Colorectal Cancer