Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Anion gap is commonly measured in patients with DKA.
Management of DKA involves serial measurements of electrolytes, glucose, and blood gases in the acute setting to follow clinical progress.
History of diabetes in a patient who presents with ketonuria and appropriate signs and symptoms is a strong indicator of DKA.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Coffee and Cancer
- Efficacy and Hyperemesis Syndrome Associated With Cannabinoid Use in Cancers ― In the Clinic
- Upfront Next-Generation Sequencing Is Faster, More Cost Effective in Metastatic NSCLC
- In Melanoma, Older Adults Could Benefit More From Treatment With PD-1 Inhibitors
- Pembrolizumab FDA-Approved for the Treatment of Advanced Cervical Cancer
- High Tissue Tumor Mutational Burden May Be Predictive of Improved Immunotherapy Efficacy
- Adding Oxaliplatin to Capecitabine-Based Chemotherapy, Radiation May Not Improve Survival in Rectal Cancer
- Liquid Biopsies and Cancer Detection: New Test Assesses Levels of Circulating Proteins for Early-Stage Diagnosis
- Vigorous Exercise Improved Life Expectancy for Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancers
- R-THP-COP a New Therapeutic Alternative for Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma