Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Anion gap is commonly measured in patients with DKA.
Management of DKA involves serial measurements of electrolytes, glucose, and blood gases in the acute setting to follow clinical progress.
History of diabetes in a patient who presents with ketonuria and appropriate signs and symptoms is a strong indicator of DKA.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML