Diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)
Suggested Additional Lab Testing
Anion gap is commonly measured in patients with DKA.
Management of DKA involves serial measurements of electrolytes, glucose, and blood gases in the acute setting to follow clinical progress.
History of diabetes in a patient who presents with ketonuria and appropriate signs and symptoms is a strong indicator of DKA.
Copyright © 2017, 2013 Decision Support in Medicine, LLC. All rights reserved.
No sponsor or advertiser has participated in, approved or paid for the content provided by Decision Support in Medicine LLC. The Licensed Content is the property of and copyrighted by DSM.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- CAR-T Trial for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Under Way
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Daratumumab Combination: New Standard of Care in Transplant-Ineligible Multiple Myeloma
- Extension of Adjuvant Anastrozole Regimen to 10 Years Yields Higher DFS, but Not OS
- Phase 3 GEICAM/CIBOMA Results: Adjuvant Capecitabine in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Nivolumab Monotherapy Provides Long Term Benefit Advanced Melanoma
- Risk Score Identifies Adjuvant Chemotherapy Toxicity Risk in Elderly Patients With Breast Cancer
- Despite Breast-Conserving Surgery Eligibility, Nearly 50% of Women Chose Mastectomy
- Lisinopril and Carvedilol May Reduce Cardiotoxicity During Adjuvant Trastuzumab Treatment
- Immune Marker Identified as Prognostic in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer