Generic Name and Formulations:
Clofazimine 50mg; soft gel caps.
Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
Indications for LAMPRENE:
Lepromatous leprosy, including dapsone-resistant, and/or complicated by erythema nodosum leprosum.
Take with meals. Dapsone-sensitive: 100mg daily with 2 other antileprosy drugs for ≥2 years until skin smears negative, then use antileprosy monotherapy. Dapsone-resistant: 100mg daily with ≥1 other antileprosy drug for 3 years, then 100mg daily as monotherapy. Erythema nodosum: 100–200mg daily in combination with baseline antileprosy treatment and steroids as clinically indicated; if administered at 200mg dose, taper to 100mg as soon as possible; see full labeling.
Abdominal obstruction and other GI disorders (eg, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea); if occurs, consider reducing dose, increasing dosing interval, or discontinuing. QT prolongation: monitor ECGs. Psychological effects of skin discoloration: monitor for depression or suicidal ideation. Elderly. Pregnancy; verify status prior to initiation. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception and males (condoms) during treatment and for at least 4 months after completion. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Dapsone may inhibit antiinflammatory activity. Concomitant with other QT prolonging drugs or with bedaquiline may cause additive QT prolongation.
Skin and body fluid discoloration (conjunctivae, tears, urine, fecal, sputum, or sweat), ichthyosis, dryness, rash, pruritus, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, GI intolerance, abdominal/epigastric pain; elevated blood glucose or ESR; QT prolongation, Torsades de Pointes.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC