Concerns about conflict of interest as it relates to prescribing may never go away, some say, as long as drug companies offer doctors money for consulting and personal services.
In a Canadian matched cohort study, intolerance drove patients with CP-CML to switch from generic imatinib at a higher frequency compared with those given brand-name products.
In a statement announcing a newly created partnership, the Botanical Safety Consortium, FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb made no mention of cannabidiol.
New studies in glioblastoma highlight how PD-1 inhibitors could simultaneously prompt an immune response and steer the selection of tumor clones that evade immune recognition.
At 23 years of follow-up, the cumulative incidence of death was higher among patients in the watchful waiting group compared with those in the radical prostatectomy group.
"People have shown that the variant-identification quality of WGS is superior to WES," said Dr Gerstein.
Researchers identified 15 genes that they said independently predict the survival outcome of patients with kidney renal papillary cell carcinoma.
Patient-reported outcomes, or PROs, are going to play a larger role in FDA cancer drug approvals, according to an expert in the field.
The objective of this initiative was to identify gaps in oncology clinicians' knowledge, competence, and performance with respect to treatment of geriatric patients with cancer, whether in an academic medical center or community setting.
Articles discussing the use of cannabis as a substitute for opioids highlight the limitations of the existing scientific evidence in the field.
The continuous decline in cancer deaths over the past 25 years was attributed to improvements in screening, treatment.
Experts examined the role of population-based early detection cancer screening.
Researchers are excited about the prospect to use vaccines in combination with checkpoint inhibitors to improve the body's cancer-fighting ability.
Inhibition of ER translocation prevented both ERK reactivation and autophagy, suggesting a potential strategy for improving BRAF and MEK inhibition therapy outcomes.
QoL for patients with cancer is reduced just as much by the accumulation of low-level toxicities as it is from high-level adverse events.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Immunotherapy in Glioblastoma: Peaks and Pits
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol