EUTOS long-term survival score better predicted prognosis for those with chronic myeloid leukemia who had been treated with TKIs—especially among elderly patients.
The findings may support the triplet regimen as a new standard of care for these patients, according to Dr Facon.
Interferon or high-dose interleukin-2 were the only available options for the treatment of metastatic RCC until 2005.
Researchers also used the trial to collect more information on safety, patient‐reported outcomes, and a specific premedication treatment protocol.
Trade-offs should be carefully considered, as data have indicated that many QoL factors eventually even out.
Women and men were found to react differently to treatment with chemotherapy, although gender-based survival differences were not observed.
High-risk early breast cancer patients with circulating tumor cells 2 years after chemotherapy had greater risk of recurrence. Possible interventions are needed.
Evidence is growing to support the idea that immune checkpoint inhibitors can speed up tumor growth, although the exact mechanism of how this occurs is still unclear.
Among 4 specific breast cancer stages, T2N1 cancers showed the highest risk for local recurrence, regional recurrence, and distant metastases within 10 years from diagnosis.
Trials, Collaboration Might Help Reduce Survival Disparities Between Community, Academic Cancer Centers
Better collaboration between community and academic cancer centers could benefit patients.
The model was developed using machine learning techniques and programmed with data from a Danish cancer registry.
By way of the TAPUR study, researchers are attempting to evaluate the activity of targeted therapies when they are used in an off-label setting.
The majority of patients studied who stopped TKI therapy remained treatment-free at 3 years.
In the immunotherapy era, the optimal setting and sequencing of BRAF+MEK inhibition remains unresolved.
Genomic and proteomic studies of medulloblastoma samples helped researchers characterize new cancer subtypes and targets.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- CAR-T Trial for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Under Way
- Adjuvant Trastuzumab Emtansine Confers Improved Outcome in KATHERINE Trial
- Phase 3 GEICAM/CIBOMA Results: Adjuvant Capecitabine in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Rivaroxaban Reduced VTE and VTE-Related Death in Patients With Cancer: Results of the CASSINI Study
- CAR-T and Ibrutinib: Better Together?
- Risk Score Identifies Adjuvant Chemotherapy Toxicity Risk in Elderly Patients With Breast Cancer
- Despite Breast-Conserving Surgery Eligibility, Nearly 50% of Women Chose Mastectomy
- Lisinopril and Carvedilol May Reduce Cardiotoxicity During Adjuvant Trastuzumab Treatment
- Immune Marker Identified as Prognostic in Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Rates of Adverse Events Similar Regardless of IMRT Boost Type