Leuprolide acetate Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 5mg/mL; soln for SC inj; contains benzyl alcohol.
Various generic manufacturers
- Abiraterone Plus Leuprolide Offers Edge in M0 Hormone-Naive Prostate Cancer
- Hormonal Maintenance May Improve PFS in Low-grade Ovarian Cancer
- Adding Enzalutamide to Abiraterone + Leuprolide Not Effective for Localized High-risk PCa
- Prostate Cancer Treatment Regimens
- Testicular Cancer Treatment Regimens
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
Indications for Leuprolide acetate :
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
1mg SC daily. Rotate inj site.
Women. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Metastatic vertebral lesions. Urinary obstruction. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA, acid phosphatase. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Risk of QT prolongation: long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities, or CHF, and concomitant Class IA or III antiarrhythmics. Instruct patient on correct self administration.
Concomitant Class IA (eg, quinidine, procainamide) or Class III (eg, amiodarone, sotalol) antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval.
Hot flashes/sweats, inj site reaction, initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, urinary tract obstruction, hematuria), edema, GI upset, pain, cardiovascular events, CNS and antiandrogenic effects, asthenia, spinal cord compression; hyperglycemia, anaphylactoid, photosensitivity.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Managing Immune-Related Adverse Events
- PD-1/PD-L1 Inhibitors May Increase the Risk of Hyperprogressive Disease in NSCLC
- Oncology Community Expresses Concern About Medicare Advantage Step-Therapy Policy
- Predicting Response to Immunotherapy in Late-Stage Melanoma
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Transplant Status May Affect CAR-T Therapy Outcomes in CLL and B-ALL
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline