LEVULAN KERASTICK Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aminolevulinic acid HCl 20%; topical soln; contains alcohol.
DUSA Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Indications for LEVULAN KERASTICK:
In combination with blue light illumination (BLU-U Blue Light Photodynamic Therapy Illuminator), for the treatment of minimally to moderately thick actinic keratoses (Grade 1 or 2) of the face and scalp.
Clean and dry affected area. Apply to either scalp or face but not both simultaneously. One application and one dose of illumination per treatment site per 8-week treatment session. The second visit, for illumination, must take place in the 14–18 hour window following application. Treated lesions not completely resolved after 8 weeks may be treated a second time. Protect treated lesions from sun by wearing head covering. Excessive irritation if applied under occlusion.
Cutaneous photosensitivity at wavelengths of 400–450nm. Porphyria or known allergies to porphyrins.
Avoid exposure of photosensitive treatment sites to sunlight or bright indoor light during the period prior to blue light treatment. Avoid applying to eyes, mucous membranes, perilesional skin. Inherited or acquired coagulation defects. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Increased photosensitivity reaction with concomitant photosensitizing agents (eg, griseofulvin, thiazides, sulfonylureas, phenothiazines, sulfonamides, tetracyclines).
Cutaneous reactions (eg, stinging, burning, erythema, edema, scaling/crusting, itching, erosion, wheal/flare).
Single-unit applicators—1, 6
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Model May Identify Patients With Gastric Cancer Likely To Benefit From Chemotherapy