Generic Name and Formulations:
Chlordiazepoxide HCl 5mg, 10mg, 25mg; caps.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for LIBRIUM:
Individualize. Mild-to-moderate: 5–10mg 3–4 times daily. Severe: 20–25mg 3–4 times daily. Elderly or debilitated: 5mg 2–4 times daily.
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 5mg 2–4 times daily. May increase to 10mg 2–3 times daily.
Risks from concomitant use with opioids; see Interactions. Therapy for >4 months. Suicidal tendencies. Depression. Psychosis. Porphyria. Seizure disorder. Monitor blood counts and liver function. Reevaluate periodically. Abuse potential (monitor). Drug or alcohol abuse. Avoid abrupt cessation. Change dose gradually. Renal or hepatic impairment. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (during the 1st trimester), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Increased sedation, respiratory depression, coma, and death with concomitant opioids; reserve use in those for whom alternative treatment options are inadequate; if needed, limit dosages/durations to minimum and monitor. Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Variable effects with anticoagulants. Avoid other psychotropics.
Drowsiness, CNS depression, ataxia, confusion, paradoxical excitement, memory impairment, nausea, constipation, blood dyscrasias, jaundice, skin eruptions, edema, extrapyramidal effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma