Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetohydroxamic acid 250mg; tabs.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for LITHOSTAT:
As adjunctive therapy in chronic urea-splitting urinary infection.
Initially 12mg/kg per day every 6–8hrs; max 1.5g/day. Renal impairment: serum creatinine >1.8mg/dL: take at every 12-hour intervals; max 1g/day.
Initially 10mg/kg per day; monitor. Titrate doses to obtain therapeutic effects.
Disease and physical state amenable to surgery and antimicrobials. Urine infected by non-urease producing organisms. Infections controllable by oral antimicrobials. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <20mL/min, serum creatinine >2.5mg/dL). Females with unsatisfactory method of contraception. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Severe renal impairment: monitor and consider reduced dose. Monitor liver function. Preexisting thrombophlebitis or phlebothrombosis. Monitor and obtain CBCs with reticulocytes after 2 weeks of therapy and every 3 months thereafter; if reticulocytes >6%, consider reduced dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Rash with concomitant alcohol. Concomitant dietary iron: may reduce absorption of both acetohydroxamic acid and iron (use IM inj form, if needed).
Mild headaches, tremulousness, nervousness, depression, anxiety, GI upset, hemolytic anemia, mild reticulocytosis without anemia, rash, alopecia, phlebitis, palpitations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- NSCLC: Pretreatment Weight Loss May Be Linked to Socioeconomic Status
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC