Generic Name and Formulations:
Acetohydroxamic acid 250mg; tabs.
Mission Pharmacal Company
Indications for LITHOSTAT:
As adjunctive therapy in chronic urea-splitting urinary infection.
Initially 12mg/kg per day every 6–8hrs; max 1.5g/day. Renal impairment: serum creatinine >1.8mg/dL: take at every 12-hour intervals; max 1g/day.
Initially 10mg/kg per day; monitor. Titrate doses to obtain therapeutic effects.
Disease and physical state amenable to surgery and antimicrobials. Urine infected by non-urease producing organisms. Infections controllable by oral antimicrobials. Renal dysfunction (CrCl <20mL/min, serum creatinine >2.5mg/dL). Females with unsatisfactory method of contraception. Pregnancy (Cat.X).
Severe renal impairment: monitor and consider reduced dose. Monitor liver function. Preexisting thrombophlebitis or phlebothrombosis. Monitor and obtain CBCs with reticulocytes after 2 weeks of therapy and every 3 months thereafter; if reticulocytes >6%, consider reduced dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Rash with concomitant alcohol. Concomitant dietary iron: may reduce absorption of both acetohydroxamic acid and iron (use IM inj form, if needed).
Mild headaches, tremulousness, nervousness, depression, anxiety, GI upset, hemolytic anemia, mild reticulocytosis without anemia, rash, alopecia, phlebitis, palpitations.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML