Generic Name and Formulations:
Ranibizumab 6mg/mL, 10mg/mL; soln for oph intravitreal inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUCENTIS:
Neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration (AMD). Macular edema following retinal vein occlusion (RVO). Diabetic macular edema (DME). Diabetic retinopathy (DR). Myopic choroidal neovascularization (mCNV).
Give by intravitreal inj. AMD: 0.5mg once a month (approx. 28 days); or 3 monthly doses followed by less frequent dosing (less effective); or 0.5mg every 3 months after 4 monthly doses (less effective). Monitor regularly. RVO: 0.5mg once a month (approx. 28 days). DME, DR: 0.3mg once a month (approx. 28 days). mCNV: 0.5mg once a month (approx. 28 days) for up to 3 months; may retreat if needed.
Ocular or periocular infections.
Monitor intraocular pressure prior to and 30 mins after inj. Monitor for perfusion of optic nerve and for infection following the inj (endophthalmitis and retinal detachments possible). Risk of embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
Conjunctival hemorrhage, eye pain, vitreous floaters, increased intraocular pressure, intraocular inflammation; rare: arterial thromboembolic events, fatal events.
Single-use prefilled syringe (10mg/mL)—1; Single-use vial (6mg/mL, 10mg/mL)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma