Generic Name and Formulations:
Eszopiclone 1mg, 2mg, 3mg; tabs.
Indications for LUNESTA:
Insomnia (decreased sleep latency and improved sleep maintenance).
Use lowest effective dose. ≥18yrs: Initially 1mg immediately before bedtime [take only if able to get full night's sleep (7–8hrs) before becoming active again]; may increase to 2–3mg if needed; max 3mg/dose. Elderly, debilitated, concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (see Interactions), or severe hepatic impairment: max 2mg/dose. Effect delayed if taken with heavy/high-fat meals.
<18yrs: not established.
Monitor for excess CNS depressant effects and impairment. Depression. Abnormal thinking and behavioral changes. Drug or alcohol abuse. Compromised respiratory function. Conditions that affect metabolism or hemodynamic response. Severe hepatic impairment. Avoid abrupt cessation. Reevaluate if unresponsive after 7–10 days of treatment. Write ℞ for smallest practical amount. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other sedative-hypnotics at bedtime or middle of the night: not recommended. Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants; adjust dose. Potentiated by CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, troleandomycin, ritonavir, nelfinavir); reduce eszopiclone dose. May be antagonized by CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampicin).
Unpleasant taste, headache, somnolence, dizziness, dry mouth, infection, rash, anxiety, hallucinations, pain; complex sleep-related behaviors (eg, sleep-driving; consider discontinuing if occurs); rare: anaphylaxis, angioedema, others (see full labeling).
Tabs 1mg—30; 2mg, 3mg—100
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib