MIRLET7BHG Polymorphisms Associated with Asbestos-related Lung Cancer
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
The interaction observed between single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) and asbestos exposure correlated to increased lung cancer risk among MIRLET7BHG carriers, according to an article published online in the journal Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention.
The study included 833 Caucasian cases and 739 Caucasian control participants. The authors identified SNPs with gene-asbestos interaction effects using a genome-wide association study (GWAS).
In groups with GWAS and asbestos exposure data (1,548 cases and 1,527 controls), in silico replication was conducted, followed by de novo genotyping to replicate the results from step one (1,539 cases and 1,761 controls).
Results showed a significant increase in lung cancer risk in participants who were variant allele(s) carriers of MIRLET7BHG (MIRLET7B host gene at 22q13.31) polymorphisms rs13053856, rs11090910, rs11703832, and rs12170325 [P<5×10-7 by likelihood ratio test; df=1].
The authors observed that among the participants who were variant allele(s) carriers, each unit increase in the natural log-transformed asbestos exposure score was associated with age-, sex-, smoking status- and center-adjusted ORs of 1.34(95% CI: 1.18, 1.51), 1.24(95% CI: 1.14, 1.35), 1.28(95% CI: 1.17, 1.40), and 1.26(95% CI: 1.15, 1.38), respectively for lung cancer risk.
Interaction between SNPs and asbestos exposure correlated to increased lung cancer risk in MIRLET7BHG carriers
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- High IDO1 Tumor Expression May Predict Poor Overall Survival in Patients With Anal Cancer
- Ambient Benzene Exposure and Risk of Hematologic Malignancies
- Tivozanib Offers Superior Outcomes in Refractory Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- First-Line Pembrolizumab Shows Promise in Non-Clear Cell RCC
- Early Tumor Shrinkage With Cabozantinib Improves Survival in Renal Cell Carcinoma