Ramucirumab Plus Pemetrexed and Platinum Chemotherapy Shows Clinical Activity in Advanced Nonsquamous NSCLC
the Cancer Therapy Advisor take:
According to a new study published in the journal Cancer, researchers have found that ramucirumab demonstrated clinical activity in combination with pemetrexed plus carboplatin or cisplatin in patients with nonsquamous non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
Researchers randomly assigned participants to receive pemetrexed plus carboplatin or cisplatin with or without ramucirumab 10mg/kg once every 3 weeks for four to six cycles, followed by a maintenance phase with pemetrexed with or without ramucirumab.
Results showed a median progression-free survival of 5.6 months for patients who received pemetrexed plus platinum versus 7.2 months for those who received pemetrexed, platinum, and ramucirumab (HR = 0.75; P = 0.132). Patients in the pemetrexed-platinum arm had a objective response rate of 38.0% compared with 49.3% in the ramucirumab arm (P = 0.180).
The disease control rate was 70.4% and 85.5% for the pemetrexed-platinum and ramucirumab arms, respectively (P = 0.032). The most common grade 3 or higher adverse effects were anemia, back pain, fatigue, hypertension, neutropenia, and thrombocytopenia. Ultimately, the primary endpoint of progression-free survival was not met.
Ramucirumab demonstrated clinical activity with pemetrexed in patients with nonsquamous NSCLC.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- As HPV-Related Cancer Rates Climb, Experts Scrutinize Barriers to HPV Vaccination
- Bowel Preparation for Colorectal Cancer Screening: Improving Outcomes
- Tool for Assessing Frailty Predicts Survival in Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma
- Analysis Supports Flat Dose of Nivolumab 480 mg Every 4 Weeks
- FDA-Approved Breast Cancer Drug Treatments
- A Trained Dog Smells Early-Stage Lung Cancer With a High Degree of Accuracy
- FDA-Approved Prostate Cancer Drug Treatments
- FDA-Approved Colorectal Cancer Drug Treatments
- Synthetic or Plant-Based Cannabis for Symptom Relief in Patients With Cancer: Do We Have Any Evidence?
- Role of miR-125a-5p Clarified in Bladder Cancer
- Bladder Cancer Clinical Features Linked to EGFR and HER-2 Expression
- Ponatinib Tops Bosutinib for Third-Line Treatment of CML in a Comparative Analysis
- A Vegan Diet and Cancer
- The Optimal Neoadjuvant Regimen of Checkpoint Inhibitors in High-Risk Melanoma Is Unclear