LUPRON DEPOT-3 MONTH 22.5mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 22.5mg; depot susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-3 MONTH 22.5mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostatic carcinoma.
Give as single IM inj into gluteal area, anterior thigh or deltoid; rotate inj sites. 22.5mg once every 3 months (12 weeks). Do not split doses.
Initial worsening of signs/symptoms (eg, bone pain, ureteral obstruction, spinal cord compression) may occur; monitor closely in metastatic vertebral lesions, urinary obstruction, hematuria. Monitor serum testosterone, PSA. Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose, HbA1c, and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Increased risk of convulsions in patients with history of seizures, epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorder, CNS anomalies or tumors. Risk of QT prolongation in long-term androgen deprivation therapy, congenital long QT syndrome, electrolyte abnormalities (correct and monitor), or CHF; consider monitoring ECGs. Instruct patient on correct self administration. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant antiarrhythmics may prolong the QT interval. Risk of seizures with concomitant SSRIs, bupropion, others.
Hot flashes/sweats, pain, GI disorders, edema, respiratory disorder, urinary disorders, inj site reaction, joint disorders, testicular atrophy, asthenia, flu syndrome, headache, skin reaction, fatigue; tumor flare, hyperglycemia, convulsions, hypersensitivity.
Depot kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol