LUPRON DEPOT-PED 3 MONTH Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 11.25mg, 30mg; per kit; depot susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-PED 3 MONTH:
Central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: 11.25mg or 30mg as a single IM inj once every 3 months. If inadequate response, consider other alternative treatments.
Confirm diagnosis. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Monitor hormonal effects after 1–2 months of starting therapy, with dose changes and during treatment. Depot 3-Month: monitor at months 2–3, month 6 and as needed thereafter. Measure height and bone age velocity every 6–12 months. Exclude pregnancy before treatment. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs).
Transient exacerbation of symptoms, inj site reactions, pain, headache, emotional lability, hot flushes/sweating, acne/seborrhea, rash, vaginitis, vaginal discharge, syncope, GI upset, gynecomastia, weight increased, mood altered; convulsions.
Depot-PED kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. diluent); Depot-PED 3 Month kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma