LUPRON DEPOT-PED Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Leuprolide acetate 7.5mg, 11.25mg or 15mg; per kit; depot susp for IM inj; preservative-free.
Indications for LUPRON DEPOT-PED:
Central precocious puberty.
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Individualize. Give by single IM inj once a month. ≤25kg: 7.5mg; 25–37.5kg: 11.25mg; >37.5kg: 15mg; if inadequate response with starting dose, may increase to next available higher dose. Also, dose may be adjusted with changes in body weight.
Confirm diagnosis. Monitor for psychiatric symptoms. History of seizures/epilepsy, cerebrovascular disorders, CNS anomalies or tumors: risk of convulsions. Monitor hormonal effects after 1–2 months of starting therapy, with dose changes and during treatment. Depot 3-Month: monitor at months 2–3, month 6 and as needed thereafter. Measure height and bone age velocity every 6–12 months. Exclude pregnancy before treatment. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Caution with concomitant drugs that are associated with convulsions (eg, bupropion, SSRIs).
Transient exacerbation of symptoms, inj site reactions, pain, headache, emotional lability, hot flushes/sweating, acne/seborrhea, rash, vaginitis, vaginal discharge, syncope, GI upset, gynecomastia, weight increased, mood altered; convulsions.
Depot-PED kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. diluent); Depot-PED 3 Month kit—1 (prefilled dual-chamber syringe w. diluent)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- "Impressive" CNS Responses With Osimertinib Compared With Standard EGFR-TKIs in Patients With CNS Metastases at Baseline
- Study Zeroes in on Cause of Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Higher Doses of Image-Guided Neoadjuvant Radiation Therapy Found to Be Safe in Locally Advanced NSCLC: Study
- Supply Shortages of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin Found to Spur Drug Rationing in Non-Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Epacadostat and Pembrolizumab Combo Active in Relapsed NSCLC
- PD-1 Inhibitor Cemiplimab Shows Antitumor Activity in Relapsed NSCLC