Generic Name and Formulations:
Pegaptanib sodium 0.3mg/prefilled syringe; soln for oph intravitreous inj; preservative-free.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals, Inc
Indications for MACUGEN:
Treatment of neovascular (wet) age-related macular degeneration.
Give by intravitreous inj. 0.3mg once every 6 weeks into the eye to be treated.
Ocular or periocular infections.
Monitor for infection during week following inj (endophthalmitis possible). Monitor intraocular pressure and perfusion of optic nerve. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) inhibitor.
Anterior chamber inflammation, blurred vision, cataract, conjunctival hemorrhage, corneal edema, eye discharge, eye irritation, eye pain, hypertension, increased intraocular pressure, ocular discomfort, punctate keratitis, reduced visual acuity, visual disturbances, vitreous floaters, vitreous opacities, blepharitis, conjunctivitis, photopsia, bronchitis, diarrhea, dizziness, headache, nausea, UTI, others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Immune Checkpoint Inhibitors for NSCLC: Current and Future Approaches
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Erdafitinib Granted FDA Breakthrough Therapy Designation for Urothelial Carcinoma
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma
- CLL: Venetoclax Plus Rituximab Improves 2-Year PFS
- Confronting Racial Disparities in Prostate Cancer Survival Outcomes
- FDA Approves Front-Line Brentuximab Vedotin Plus Chemotherapy for Hodgkin Lymphoma