Generic Name and Formulations:
Procarbazine (as HCl) 50mg; caps.
Leadiant Biosciences, Inc.
Indications for MATULANE:
Stage III and IV Hodgkin's disease as part of the MOPP (nitrogen mustard, vincristine, procarbazine, prednisone) regimen.
Initially 2–4mg/kg per day for the first week, then 4–6mg/kg per day until max response is obtained or until WBCs <4,000cells/mm3 or platelets <100,000cells/mm3. Maintain at 1–2mg/kg per day once max response attained. In MOPP regimen: 100mg/m2 daily for 14 days.
Individualize. Initially 50mg/m2 per day for the first week, then 100mg/m2 per day until max response is obtained or leukopenia or thrombocytopenia occurs. Maintain at 50mg/m2 per day once max response attained.
Inadequate marrow reserve.
Discontinue if CNS effects (eg, paresthesias, neuropathies, confusion), leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, hypersensitivity reactions, stomatitis, diarrhea, hemorrhage or bleeding tendencies occur. Hepatic or renal impairment. Obtain baseline CBCs with differential, hemoglobin, hematocrit, reticulocytes, platelets prior to therapy, then monitor at least every 3–4 days. Do renal and hepatic function tests before starting therapy, then repeated weekly. Pregnancy (Cat.D); avoid use. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid sympathomimetics, tricyclic antidepressants (eg, amitriptyline, imipramine), foods with high tyramine content (eg, wine, yogurt, ripe cheese, bananas). CNS depression with barbiturates, antihistamines, narcotics, hypotensive agents, phenothiazines. Disulfiram-like reactions with alcohol. Separate radiation or other myelosuppressives by at least 1 month (allow for bone marrow recovery).
Leukopenia, anemia, thrombopenia, GI upset, bleeding tendencies, CNS effects, dysphagia, anorexia, abdominal pain, hypotension, tachycardia, syncope, cough, alopecia, dermatitis, pain, others.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Finding Clinical Trials in Cancer
- Adding Nintedanib Did Not Improve Survival in Lung Cancer Subtype
- The Identification of a Potential Early Plasma Biomarker for Kidney Cancer
- Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy Extended Survival Longer Than Chemotherapy Alone: Study
- Combining Chemotherapy With Checkpoint Inhibitors Extends Overall Survival in ES-SCLC
- In a Head-to-Head Battle, Brigatinib Appears to Best Crizotinib