MAXITROL OPH OINT Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Neomycin 3.5mg, polymyxin B sulfate 10000Units/g, dexamethasone 0.1%.
Alcon Laboratories, Inc.
Indications for MAXITROL OPH OINT:
Ocular inflammation associated with infection.
Small amount of ointment 3–4 times daily. Ointment may be used adjunctively with drops at bedtime. Then prolong dosing interval as condition improves; max 8g per therapeutic course.
Fungal, viral, or mycobacterial infections of the cornea and conjunctiva. Hypersensitivity to corticosteroids.
Not for injection. Corneal or scleral thinning. Glaucoma. Monitor for secondary infections and intraocular pressure in prolonged use. Aminoglycoside cross-sensitivity; discontinue if hypersensitivity develops. May mask signs of acute purulent or parasitic infection. Avoid abrupt cessation. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Antibiotics + steroid.
Allergic sensitization, increased intraocular pressure, cataracts, corneal perforation, optic nerve damage, visual defects, delayed wound healing, bleb formation, allergic dermatitis.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Genetic Counseling Recommended for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- BRCA1/Shieldin Double Mutations May Signal Resistance to PARP Inhibitors
- Study Analyzing Postmarketing Data on Breast Implant Safety Sparks FDA Response
- Higher-Dose Immunoglobulin Replacement Therapy in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Beyond BRCA: New Predisposition Genes Linked to Breast, Ovarian Cancers
- Despite Promising Trial Results, Skeptics Raise Red Flags About Anlotinib's Efficacy in Heavily Treated NSCLC
- Higher Risk of MGUS in Relatives of Patients With Multiple Myeloma Confirmed
- Brentuximab Vedotin Combo Active in Older Patients With Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Prostate Cancer Drug Resistance Mediated by Epigenetic Changes
- Nilotinib and Dasatinib Confer Similar Outcomes for Chronic-Phase CML