Megestrol Oral Suspension Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Megestrol acetate 40mg/mL; lemon-lime flavor.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Megestrol Oral Suspension:
Anorexia, cachexia, or unexplained significant weight loss in patients diagnosed with AIDS.
Do not substitute with other megestrol suspensions (not interchangeable). History of thromboembolic disease. Monitor for signs/symptoms of adrenal insufficiency; consider empiric therapy if occurs. Diabetes. Renal impairment. Elderly. Fetal toxicity. Obtain (–) pregnancy test prior to initiation. Advise females of reproductive potential to use effective contraception during therapy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May increase insulin requirements. Decreases indinavir levels.
GI upset, impotence, flatulence, rash, hypertension, fever, decreased libido, breakthrough bleeding, hyperglycemia, insomnia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Metastatic Prostate Cancer Responds to Novel Radiation Therapy
- Clinical Applications of Liquid Biopsies in Cancer
- Two-Drug Combination Superior to Sunitinib in Patients With Untreated Advanced Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Radical Prostatectomy Compared With Watchful Waiting in Localized Prostate Cancer
- Investigational Antiandrogen Drug Delays Metastasis in CRPC
- Treatment Guidelines in Cancer: Assessing Industry Influence on Recommendations
- American Society of Breast Surgeons Recommends Genetic Testing for All Patients With Breast Cancer
- No Benefit Seen From HSCT in Hypodiploid B-ALL
- Patients With CP-CML Deemed Less Likely to Continue Taking Generic Imatinib
- Opinion: Understanding the FDA's Take on Cannabidiol