Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis oligosaccharide conjugate vaccine (Corynebacterium diphtheriae CRM197 protein); 10mcg of Group A + 5mcg each of Group C, Y, and W-135 + 32.7–64.1mcg of diphtheria CRM197 protein; per 0.5mL; lyophilized pwd for IM inj after reconstitution; preservative-free.
Indications for MENVEO:
Adults and Children:
<2mos: not established. Give by IM inj only. Infants: give in anterolateral thigh; toddlers, adolescents and adults: in deltoid muscle. 2mos: as a four-dose series at 2, 4, 6, and 12mos of age. 7–23mos: as a two-dose series with the 2nd dose given in the 2nd year of life and at least 3mos after the 1st dose. 2–55yrs: 0.5mL once. For children 2–5yrs: if continued high risk, may give 2nd dose 2mos after the 1st dose. All: observe for 15mins post-dose.
Life-threatening reaction to any previous CRM197 or other diphtheria toxoid or meningococcal-containing vaccine.
Immunodeficiency. Have epinephrine inj (1:1000) available. Known history of Guillain-Barre Syndrome. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Immunosuppressants (eg, irradiation, antimetabolites, alkylating agents, cytotoxic drugs, high-dose steroids) may get suboptimal response. Concomitant vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, tenderness, erythema, induration; irritability, sleepiness, headache, malaise, nausea, myalgia, arthralgia; syncope (seizure-like movements possible post-dose), apnea in premature infants.
Vials—5 doses (5 vials of lyophilized MenA conjugate component + 5 vials of liquid MenCYW-135 conjugate component)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Regimen and Drug Listings
GET FULL LISTINGS OF TREATMENT Regimens and Drug INFORMATION
|Head and Neck Cancer||Regimens||Drugs|
|Renal Cell Carcinoma||Regimens||Drugs|
Cancer Therapy Advisor Articles
- Clostridium Difficile Infection in Patients With Cancer — In the Clinic
- Can A Consortium of Hospitals Help To Reduce Drug Prices?
- NSCLC: Stratifying Patients With Complex EGFR Mutations
- Targeted and Immunotherapies for Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Atezolizumab, Carboplatin, Nab-Paclitaxel Combination Prolongs PFS in NSCLC
- Everolimus Plus Letrozole: An Effective First-Line Therapy for Advanced Breast Cancer
- FDA Approves Nilotinib for Pediatric Patients With CML
- Nicotinamide and Cancer
- Nivolumab Plus Ipilimumab Improves Overall Survival, ORR in Renal Cell Carcinoma
- Encorafenib, Binimetinib May Be Effective in BRAF-Mutant Melanoma